- Full attention can be given to you and your dog.
- Your dog will not be distracted by other dogs, new people, or a new environment.
- Your dog will be prone to learning, not socializing.
- Private lessons are flexible. Times can be changed.
- You do not need to hire a babysitter.
- It can be scheduled at a time convenient for the entire family so everyone will be on the same page.
- Any behavioral issues that arise or are a concern can be dealt with.
- The curriculum can be more personalized, working on topics that are most important to YOU.
- The trainer can observe the family in its environment, helping her point out important points that may be relevant to the training.
- You can learn more at your own pace.
Classes serve an important function, but are not an optimum way to train a dog.